What sets us apart at The Jewish Teacher Project
- We offer one-stop for open-source curriculum sharing; up to date news on conferences, webinars and other opportunities for professional development; and, the latest developments in technology to bring to your classroom.
- This site is for teachers by teachers.
- Our goal is to foster a cross-communal partnership among Jewish educational professionals. We do not represent any single denomination, and we believe that all Jewish education is important for the future of עם ישראל.
The staff of The Jewish Teacher Project™ is made up of a team of educators who are skilled in the many disciplines which make up the work of Jewish education. Our goal is to support your work, to help you to connect to other teachers and to the wonderful resources that exist out there in the online Jewish community.
Cynthia G. Peterman, Creator and Executive Director
Jewish educator with more than 25 years of experience in Jewish day and complimentary schools as a teacher and administrator. United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Teacher Fellow. Educational consultant and teacher trainer.
- Gideon Amir, born in Holland to Holocaust survivors, grew up in Jerusalem. After working for years as a computer scientist, Gideon now teaches courses in Bible throughout the greater Washington, DC area.
- Dr. Sarah and Rabbi Benny Levy live with their family in Denver, CO, and work as Jewish educators in the community.
- Jeff Peterman, Ph.D. is our technology consultant.
Meet the members of our Advisory Committee
- Paul Roitman Bardack, JD
- Benjamin Jacobs, Assistant Professor of Social Studies, Education and Jewish Studies, New York University
- Andrew Reamer, Research Professor, Institute of Public Policy, George Washington University
- Rabbi Jim Rogozen, Chief Learning Officer, United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism
- Michael S. Shapiro, JD, PhD
- Ilona Shechter, Recipient of the Grinspoon Steinhardt Award for Excellence in Jewish Education, Museum Teacher Fellow US Holocaust Memorial Museum, Teacher at the Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School
- Jane West Walsh, Executive Director of PARDeS: Day Schools for Reform Judaism and Union for Reform Judaism day school specialist
- Rabbi Cheryl Weiner, Staff Chaplain for the Greater Miami Jewish Federation; formerly Education Coordinator for Jewish Museum of Florida, contributor to “The Impact of Emerging Technologies on 21st Century Jewish Learning,” and creator of Menschlekeit Matters, recipient of a major Covenant Foundation Grant.
The Jewish Teacher Project is under the sponsorship of Tifereth Israel Congregation, Washington, DC, a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization and is supported by the PresenTense Group, fostering Jewish social innovators and entrepreneurs.
Please email comments or questions to email@example.com.